- This event has passed.
64th Annual MSSS Meetings
2021 Manitoba Soil Science Society Annual General Meeting
Soil Webs: Keeping connected by collaborating between disciplines
February 4-5, 2021
Poster Presentations (click title for PDF download)
- Simulation of water table depth using DRAINMOD under canola production in the Canadian Prairies – Ndulue
- General Approach to Improving Nitrogen Recommendations Using Canopy Sensing – Quilesfogel-Esparza
- Evaluation of natural fibres as substrate for growing vegetables in aeroponic systems for Northern areas – Nabi
- An Examination of Pipeline Site-Preparation Methods for Improving Plant Establishment – Lardy
- 2020 MSSS Soil Safari and Mounting the Trophies as Monoliths – Heard
- Numerical Modelling for soil moisture monitoring and forecasting – Parameshwaran
- Developing a Soil-Based Method to Screen Soybean (Glycine max) Seedlings for Early Season Vigor and Iron Deficiency Chlorosis (IDC) – Baron
- Pesticides in water and bottom sediment samples at locations segmented to contrast agricultural and urban upland activities – Fatema
- Impact of water reservoir pressure on controlling evaporation rate from atmometers – Rahman
- Evaluation of Raspberry Pi-based soil water content sensors for real-time data collection and transmission – Santhanam
- Comparison of Two Probe Types (Hydra-Probe and Sentek) for Monitoring Temperature and Moisture Contents in a Pesticide Rinsate Management System – Johnson
- Dynamics of the root associated bacterial microbiome in eight canola varieties under contrasting nitrogen fertilization – Li
- Impact of Grazing on Soil N2O Emissions from an Alpine Grassland in China – Gao
- Soil nitrogen and phosphorus were greater in overlapping areas of fields in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario – Crittenden
This year’s meeting is going virtual!
The Manitoba Soil Science Society (MSSS) holds an Annual General Meeting to provide industry professionals and academics a place to share their research findings and network. This year’s plenary session theme is “Soil Webs; Keeping connected by collaborating between disciplines”.
Both oral and poster presentation submissions are welcome. Poster presentations this year will include one-minute pre-recorded poster pitches. Oral Presentations will involve a 10-minute pre-recorded presentation with a live 2 minute Q&A.